Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Surrounded by Books Reviews Closing Its Doors

It is with a great deal of sadness for me to announce that this will be the last blog post on Surrounded by Books Reviews.

I started this blog back in August 2010. Since then I have reviewed almost 200 books. I have participated in memes such as Teaser Tuesdays and Waiting on Wednesday. We have almost 200 blog followers and over 30,000 page views. It's been a great time, and I don't regret for a second for creating this blog.

However, creating material for two blogs has gotten to be too much over the years. At one point I was posting eight times a week between the two blogs. Lately, I had been posting four times a week on two blogs, and it still didn't give me as much time as I'd like to do everything. I had to make a choice, so unfortunately Surrounded by Books Reviews has to close.

But I do hope you'll follow me over at my other blog, Cherie Reich - Author. I will mainly be posting on Wednesdays there. On the fourth Wednesday of the month, I will be posting book reviews (along with my bookworm ratings) on my other blog in my segment Bookworm News, so I will still be reading and reviewing, just not here. You can also follow my reviews on Goodreads.

Thank you for reading this blog, and I hope you've found a new book or two to read during these years.

6 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like a great idea to just have one blog. Not sure how you kept up with both of them. Glad you'll still let us know what you're reading on your other blog. Happy Holidays!

Tracy Terry said...

Sad to hear that this will be the last 'Surrounded By' post though I'm delighted that you will still be posting on another site.

Heather Holden said...

Sorry to see you're ending this blog, but it's completely understandable. I once ran a book review blog as well that I ultimately had to quit. (Too time-consuming, and it was also sucking the love out of reading for me.) Will definitely be keeping up with you at your other blog!

DMS said...

Sorry to hear that this blog will be ending, but so glad you will be keeping up your author blog. I can understand that it will be much easier to have one blog to work on! I already follow you on your author blog, so I will keep up with you in one place from now on. Good luck!
~Jess

Sherry Ellis said...

Sad to hear this is your last post!

I keep trying to comment on your other blog, but for some reason, the comment page comes up, "Page not Available," so I can't comment. I still read your posts, though.

obattbcyangalami said...

I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test again right here frequently. I'm quite sure I will be told many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the next!

My blog: http://obat-ambeien.net/